environmental education programmes
'Grow Things' ProgrammeEmbrace Earth!
Love our plants!
One sure way to lessen our carbon footprint is to grow a plant.
Learn all about plants and how to grow them in this creative, hands-on fun flora lesson for kids!
Dates: 3 April, 17 April, 7 May, or 21 May
Time: 9.30am - 11.30am
Trainer: Cicada Tree Eco-Place
Venue: Hands-On House, HortPark
Fee: $25 per child (7 to 12 years old)
Highlights of the workshop:
- Get introduced to the plant kingdom and its importance
- Learn to identify our native plants, their habitats and how they adapt to their environment
- Look at live specimens of unique plants with animal relationships
- Learn how to grow a plant in soil, water and pebbles
- Discover epiphytic 'piggyback' plants
- Explore easy methods of propogation to create more plants
- Pot up a plant to adopt and bring home
- Find out about easy ways to heal Mother Earth, our only home
Closing date for registration: 5 days before the workshop. The workshop will only commence with a minimum of 15 participants. For more information, please contact HortPark Visitor Services Centre at 6471 5601 or NParks_HortPark@nparks.gov.sg.
Photo Credits: Celine Low
For enquiries & registration, please email: NParks_HortPark@nparks.gov.sg or contact HortPark Visitor Services Centre at 64715601.